We’re thrilled to announce that starting this 2016 season, our farmers market will be accepting SNAP and EBT.
More payment options
patrons who come to our market and who wish to use their benefits for veggies, eggs, poultry, fruits, and eligible SNAP purchases will be able to do so.
SNAP eligible purchases
According to USDA, households CAN use SNAP benefits to buy:
- Foods for the household to eat, such as:
- breads and cereals;
- fruits and vegetables;
- meats, fish and poultry; and
- dairy products.
- Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.
Not SNAP eligible
Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
- Any nonfood items, such as:
- pet foods
- soaps, paper products
- household supplies
- Vitamins and medicines
- Food that will be eaten in the store
- Hot foods
Join us opening day!
Our first market day of the 2016 season is June 22, 2016.
We are located at 2308 Annapolis Road, Baltimore, MD 21230